Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tour At Gourmet Farms

I first knew about Gourmet Farms when I got to try their samples of lettuce chips and pesto chips during an intermission of a show at CCP. I also got to try their brewed coffee. Since then, these chips became my favorite snacks.
Signature Lemonade

But I never realized that one day I will be able to visit their farm where they grew my favorite chips and more at Silang, Cavite. Not far from Tagaytay's intersection, Gourmet Farms is located on the left side of Aguinaldo Road if you're coming from Manila.
Organic chips and dips for sample tasting.

Upon arrival, we were welcomed with a fresh drink of signature lemonade which is just I need because of the summer heat we are now having back in Manila. In addition of the lemonade, we got to sample the chips with different dips and sauces for our pleasure just like what I had at CCP.

During the tour, I never expected that Gourmet Farms also housed a retreat facility which I will feature in my lifestyle blog. Gourmet farming is something new to most since most are not used to. In Gourmet Farms, even the insect repellent are organic. Just how organic these plants are. Some are even edible enough that you can just eat it fresh from the ground.
Gourmet Farms' homegrown vegetables

The vegetables grown here are guaranteed clean you need not clean it since they don't advise washing it again at home because you don't know what chemicals in the water in your household has. Gourmet Farms's organic lifestyle may require more work but it just shows that nothing is wasted in farming and everything in the farm is maximized.

On my next blog post, I will feature the dishes we had for lunch. For more food tasting, follow W.H.A.T. Food Blogs and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment