Sunday, October 27, 2013

Coffee Tour 2013

As a coffee drinker, not a day is complete unless I have at least two cups of coffee. Either I have nothing else to drink or the aroma, I am addicted to coffee. I've been blogging for Coffee Origins for two years now and I always try their samplers of different coffee brewers.

When I first attended the Coffee Origins October 2012, I was informed about the situation of our local coffee industry. I am now privileged to be given a tour in one of the coffee farms in Cavite. Cavite State University housed the research center for coffee. Since it is not far from Batangas, source of coffee liberica popularly known as barako, it is a suitable educational institution for coffee research.

The National Coffee Research Development provides studies that can help inform farmers about the new and ideal ways to harvest coffee. The research facility can also help provide seminars. From what I saw during the tour, different types of coffee also be crossbred like a hybrid with two or more types of coffee.
Photos courtesy of Shark Media

The research center also sells coffee they made from their farm not because of profit but classify the different tastes of coffee blends that they grow. I will never look at coffee the same way when I drink it. It will remind me how much studies are spent to make it a good coffee. Follow this blog for more of my foodie adventures and like my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment