Saturday, November 29, 2014

My First Slappy Christmas Experience

When I was invited to a food event for Slappy Cakes, I never thought what will be in store for the next hour and so. I was allowed to bring a child guest but my niece is still at school. I have to settle with the immediate kids in the area. Good thing, fellow blogger brought her son whom I personally know.
Demo on pancake art

When I arrived, I already saw Jado creating pancakes from the built-in oven at the table. He was so into it that he didn't stop serving us pancakes. It was innovative since the pancake mix are in the ketchup bottles and you just pour it at the oven.

Besides the usual chocolate and buttermilk pancake mixes, the seasonal velvet mix is now part of the selections. Slappy Cakes only has Velvet for this occasion and Valentine's and people started to ask for it. The ginger mix is also one of their seasonal mixes for Christmas. If you have tasted a gingerbread, you can imagine how it taste on pancakes.

But making fresh pancakes on the table is not Slappy Cakes has in mind. You can be creative with it. You can make different shapes and sizes and form something out of it. We were given idea by their resident pancake artist. I was impressed when she did a demo making a face of Santa using on the buttermilk on the face, velvet on the hat and chocolate on the cheeks with a some cream on the beard.
Finished product

After the demo, we took the dare who's the best Xmas pancake art. My snowman was not that extravagant but I take pride of my work. You can get a chance to showcase your creative Xmas pancakes and upload them via social networks like instagram with hashtag #SlappyFunChristmas and each post or entry should answer "What would you do if you win a year's worth of pancakes?"
This is the best snowman I can create.

Slappy Cakes is not just for families but it can be fun with your circle of friends, colleagues, classmates etc. I will surely suggest this to the comic book artists I know. On my next post about Slappy Cakes, I will feature the dishes besides pan cakes. To get more foodie updates, follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.
She did a better job in making a snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment